Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Super Fun

So you know what is more fun than trying to get a six year old to allow you to put eye drops in his eyes for his allergies? Everything. Everything is more fun than that. You would think I was trying to squirt fire into his eyes. My buddy has really bad allergies. In fact, this is the worst time of year for him because he is allergic to tree pollen. All evening, he stood out in the field playing tball (well as much as a six year old plays - how many baseball games have you been to where one of the coaches has to say "no hugging the other team on the field"?), rubbing his eyes and wandering away from his position at third base to walk over and tell me his eyes were bothering him. I felt really bad for him, so I stopped at my favorite place in the whole world, Target, and bought eye drops that came recommended by another mom. I am trying to put eye drops in his eyes to make him feel better. Somehow he still does not get that as his mom, I am not trying to kill him by doing things like making him eat vegetables, brush his teeth or give him medicine. Anyway, after a half hour of crying (mostly by him) I got him to let me put them in his eyes. I just had to put them in my own first. I see, he thinks he is royalty and wants me to test everything first. Got it. Well guess what? This new rule is also going to apply to his cookies and ice cream. As a mom, I need to be consistant.

No comments:

Post a Comment