Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lessons for Kids

Last night as I was tucking my daughter in, I told her (as I always do) that I love her with all my heart. One of our "things" that started when she was very little (that usually makes her laugh) is to say we love each other with random other things (fingers, toes). So after I told her I loved her with all my heart and she said the same,  I said I love you with all my eyelashes -and I asked her if she loved me with all of hers since she has a lot. She said no, but you sure have a lot of eyelashes on your forehead. Confused, I asked her if she meant my eyebrows. She said no, she meant all of the lines on my forehead. Gee, thanks. Kids are so good at making you feel great about yourself, aren't they?. So I have a suggestion: Maybe we can add something into the kindergarten curriculum to help kids with these issues. Things like "how NOT to comment on mommy's wrinkles", "how not to ask daddy why his nose is big", and "why we don't yell at our sibling to move over and make LOTS OF ROOM FOR MOMMY because she needs it".   Now, I am off to fix my bangs to cover all of the "eyelashes" on my forehead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment